-
March 21st, 2000, 02:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi,
Yes indeed.
Render your max output to a still sequence, avi or mov onto your fastest hard drive and import it into premiere. Here you can set the field order for output to your VCR which it will indeed do at realtime - you will need some sort or capture/output card though although that needen't be too expensive -
To output through the card on most analogue susyems you often have to re-generate you movie file using a codec designed for the card.
If you have the card installed on your max machine then you should be able to output direct from max to a file using the cards codec inplace of cinepak or sorenson or whatever you usually use.
Once you have your finished file (compressed with the appropriate codec)playing it back through windows media play should send the output direct to the output card and hence to your VCR.
I'd have a think about premier though, having worked extensively with 3D animation I've found that the ability to edit in post production rather than in max opens up new and more flexible ways of working.
Hope some of this has meant something to you.
Cheers
Hitcher
-
March 21st, 2000, 04:07 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I make computer animations using 3dsmax (mainly) and edit using Adobe Premiere. I want to put some of my work onto analogue video (simply so that I can show the tapes to my family and friends who are without PCs). I know that 3dsmax can render directly to video but only, obviously, one frame at a time. My video cannot record at such low speeds and as doing this is simply to satisfy my friends'/family's curiosity about my work I would rather not spend huge amounts of cash buying a new video recorder and video output card.
Is it possible to render to analogue video using premiere, playing and recording in real time? if not, what software might be it be worth my while investing in?
Can anyone recommend a video output card which is not too expensive and could do the job?
Cheers,
Caradoc
-
March 21st, 2000, 05:54 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hi,
Sorry - mis-read your post.
I see that you are using premiere already - ignore that last bit.
Cheers
Hitcher
-
March 24th, 2000, 05:44 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks Hitcher 
Yes it did help me a lot,
cheers
-
March 29th, 2000, 08:08 PM
#5
Inactive Member
if your looking for cheap capture cards then try pinnacles web site at:
http://www.pinaclesys.com
they do ones for as low as ?170.
Hope this helps, see my web site for more stuff (at the bottom)
------------------
Jason - InFocus - http://www.runes.co.uk/infocus
-
April 9th, 2000, 07:54 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Seeing as you guys have experience with premiere, do you know of anyone who sells 'copies' of it on the cheap?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks